Virtual Game Festival 2010
|Virtual Game Festival 2010|
|Virtual Game Festival 2010 is part of a series.|
The Virtual Game Festival 2010 was an AWI-sponsored contest held in the summer of 2010. The goal of the contest was to use the AW technology to create any sort of game. Forty entries were submitted, and on July 23 Rozmere was announced as the winner for his entry, Weir City. For his efforts, Rozmere received a life-time citizenship in Active Worlds.
On April 30, Flagg opened the contest to all citizens interested and expected it to last through the end of May. Citizens who entered were given a P-50/25 world and free reign to create, edit, and control as-needed to make their game. The original message is below.
Come join the Activeworlds community for the first ever "Activeworlds Virtual Game Festival". AWI will be sponsoring any user, or group of users, who want to participate by providing them a hosted P-50/25 world for the event.
Worlds will be judged by the community, and AWI staff, and many fun prizes will be awarded to the best games created during the Festival. In addition games scored highly by AWI will be preserved for use by the community and your friends indefinitely. One lucky participant will receive the Festival title of "Master Game Builder" and receive a lifetime membership to the Activeworlds Universe.
To join the contest, and get your game world, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no limit to the number of worlds each user can get, however, your current game world will need to be complete and "locked-down" before you can get another one. Group builders will need to select a "Team Leader" who will communicate with AWI and distribute prizes for your team when the time comes. Thank you and Good Luck!
See you at the Festival!
As the contest progressed, the community asked for an extension and a vote was taken in AWVote. On June 2, it was decided that the contest would be extended through July 12. After July 12, worlds were to be polished and the builders opened and closed their worlds to the community as needed.
Though one grand prize was announced, many of the entries that were completed received rewards.
- Weir City (GameFest25), Team Leader: Rozmere
- Flagg - TATA (GameFest32), Team Leader: Zooo
- E N Z O - VR Farm (GameFest01), Team Leader: DM Mercury
- Cryonics - ORB Collector (GameFest03), Team Leader: GAH
- Oleyo - Builders Challenge! (GameFest39), Team Leader: Hyper Anthony
- Shamus - WordTwist (GameFest10), Team Leader: JonBee
- The Maze (GameFest05), Team Leader: Impy o
- Funland (GameFest13), Team Leader: NurseMom
- Bachs_Box (GameFest15), Team Leader: Bach Zhaa
- Spritzig (GameFest20), Team Leader: Zippy804
- Murder Mystery (GameFest22), Team Leader: sweets
- The Challenge (GameFest24), Team Leader: Red Sorceress
- 10 Minute Maze (GameFest29), Team Leader: Pandaboy
- The Fruit Game (GameFest31), Team Leader: panne
- Ludus (GameFest34), Team Leader: Apooka
- Teleport Maze (GameFest35), Team Leader: Lensman