|Welcome to the ActiveWiki, a virtual encyclopedia dedicated to the Active Worlds software and its respective 3D universe. ActiveWiki supports 1,655 legitimate articles (4,824 Pages; 33,398 edits!) and counting!
ActiveWorlds (AW) is a 3D virtual reality platform where users assign themselves a unique name, log into the universe and explore 3D virtual environments that other users have built. Users can chat with one another or build structures themselves from a selection of objects in private or publicly owned land. The intuitive building system allows even the most inexperienced users to pick-up and begin building their own environments right away.
The browser, available for free download, also has web browsing capabilities, voice chat, streaming media and instant messaging which allows users to connect, explore and create more in-depth and interactive environments.
||Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - View Timeline of 2014
View the features and changes list for Active Worlds 6.2.
- Join Bach Zhaa and crew for the ActiveWorlds Town Hall Meetings! Typically held at 6:00pm VRT in a rotating location on the first and third Sunday of every month. Click here for details.
- NEW TIME! Join MeL and the AWReunion team for the TGIF parties! Typically held at 11:00pm VRT in a rotating location in AWReunion each Friday night. Click here for details.
Click here to discuss events! • Click here to add an event!
Did You Know... (edit)
- ...that in both December 2008 and 2009, AWI renewed all expired citizenships for one month, and in 2010, AWI renewed both citizenships and worlds for a month?
- ...that there have been over 145,000 posts to official Activeworlds newsgroups and forums?
- ...that in version 4.2 and later there are customizable skinned avatars?
- ...that you can start building simply by downloading Activeworlds, logging in and finding land in a world such as AWTeen?
- ...that 4.1 was the most anticipated version of Activeworlds in several years, and sported more than 30 new features?
More Did you knows...
AW Europe Wiki] Dutch Wiki, reflecting version 5.0 and AW-EU specific comments