The content of this article is preliminary, since the discussed version is under development.
Version 7 is a major system update. Version 6 actually included a rich diversity of new features, over a longer period of time - 2+ years - that usually went into several minor builds, hence the switch to the next major version 7.
The goal of version 7 is to provide an universal built-in and script-able Game Engine and the front end's user interface taking extended advantage of the already built-in web display and media capabilities.
Version 7 entered development state by June 1st 2014.
Game Engine Core
- Advanced Event Handling
- Server-Side Scripting
- Basic universal Game-State and Score Management
- Bundling GEC(Game Engine Core) Servers, Uni+Worlds+GEC all-in-one
- Web Interface for GEC Event Handling over server-local web servers
- Server Upgrade compatibility from earlier versions (3.6 and later)
- Compatibility Layer for home/self hosted worlds and non-gaming worlds
- Compatibility Layer for existing SDK driven applications and 3rd party wrappers (SDK build 65 and later), preserving the existing SDK interface and feature set