Welcome to Active Worlds 3D
Version 6.4 was a maintanance release, including many fixes. Major changes and fixes are listed.
Rights to Use
The Community preserves all rights that lead to the software changes of this version 6.4, while all software source remain propriatary at Activeworlds,Inc and PP3D. Activeworlds, Inc's customers, including usage of this software compilation for educational purposes, require an additional registration and new installers.
21 March 2018
- Easy install for Intel based Mac OS-X, Unix und Linux like systems. See MacOSX.
20 March 2018
- EDU enabled.
- Defaults for custom settings.
- Fixed notepad not loading as intended.
15 March 2018
- Rollback to VLC SDK version 2.2.8, since version 3.x is still too buggy.
- Apply latest LUA scripts from VLC v3.0.1 to v2.2.8, to support youtube's and other streaming sites' recent web scripts - that is all we really need from VLC.
- Fixed a long-time issue when sound and noise commands stopped working, in case nearby sound and noise commands refered to the same link/source.
13 March 2018
- Fixed interface to VLC SDK version 3.0.1, when VLC aborted with a runtime error instead of returning an according value.
11 March 2018
- VLC SDK to version 3.0.1
10 March 2018
- Full update.
- Updated the message file (default.awh) to enable Web - CEF / 'Best GPU support'.
- Various fixes to the online installer.
- Full installer for recent version.
- Eased Web/CEF popup blocker for testing.
- Added a CEF component required by the 64 Bit version of Windows Vista.
- Fixed an issue when the main window got closed, while a docked web window was closed and 'Best GPU support' was selected.
- Fixed an issue when CEF showed a data-link in the URL field while an HTTP-error page was displayed.
5 March 2018
- Added nocache option to the media action command.
- Ensure audio volume control continues, even when no audio stream is active.
4 March 2018
- Fix for Windows Vista, using the correct cef_xp path.
1 March 2018
- Finishing intended updates to CEF, VLC and UI.
- Added option for 3D chat balloon font face name (balloon_font).
28 Feb 2018
- Updated Search Tab and Notepad Tab to recent CEF
- Added option for 3D chat balloon font size (balloon_font_size).
- Let Windows 6.0, alias Vista, use legacy fallback layers, since its kernel incompatibility.
26 Feb 2018
- Critical patch updating the Updater.
- Updater is now more verbose and takes care no aworld process is blocking.
- Updating LZMA and LZMA2.
- These updates allow new live update and installer formats in the future.
Build 1505 to 1507
10 Feb 2018 to 24 Feb 2018
- User Interface fixes, including several crashing issues.
- Replacing some more ProfIUS library classes by native MFC.
- Redesign UI to follow native Windows version dependend behavior closer.
- Redesign UI background colour from black to white.
- Removing outdated RichEdit version support of chat console, fixing flickering.
- CEF 3.3282.1733.g9091548
- VLC 2.2.8 stable
Build 1500 to 1505
10 Feb 2018, before
- Community Beta Builds, labled as version 6.3
- CEF 3.3282.1733 | Chromium 64.0.3282.119
- VLC 3.0 experimental | VLC 2.2.8 stable