New Features in 5.2
Added Features (excerpt)
- HUDs replace Windows bars.
- Faster Engine (*BoostEngine by Activeworlds).
- Smart cache preloading.
- Advanced graphic settings (integrated FSAA/MSAA/CSAA and ANISO texture filters in combination with mipmapping, hardware dependend).
- Remote connections shown in world list.
- Improved accounts' password handling and security.
- Contacts ordered by status.
- Enable/disable windows docking.
- Laptop/Gamer keyboard configuration options.
- Using mouse wheel for avatar zoom and camera zoom.
- Continuous gesture option switch.
- Auto AFK.
29 February 2012 beta
3 March 2012 release
- Expanding/collapsing of the Voice Chat Controls dialog kept the talk-key (F11 by default) from working.
- Updating pressed keys when the mouse left the main window, lead to an issue known as 'Spinning CAV' or 'Max Headroom Syndrom'.
- Spelling correction for the word "Continuous" in the message file.
26 January 2012 beta
27 January 2012 release
- Fixed a crashing issue that occurred on object-groups, when they were getting out of view and back into view fast.
- Fixed semi-transparent appearance in mirror-objects in 1st person for world avatars.
23 January 2012 beta
- Fixed an issue when changing CAV in front of an inworld-mirror (envi-command).
- Fixed a race condition when attempting to apply an envi-command as well as a texture-command on the same object and/or the same tag of the object.
17 January 2012 beta
18 January 2012 release
- Fixed an issue when transparent images (png, gif, masks) used with physics fabric objects.
5 January 2012 beta
10 January 2012 release
- Fixed shadows where not enabled.
- Fixed crash that occurred when attempted to modify CAV settings under water, and camera view was from above water level.
9 December 2011 release
- Fixed eject dialog not displaying IP.
- Fixed, None-ground group elements were not clickable for activate.
- Reversed zoom direction when using mouse wheel.
6th Decemter 2011 release
- Reenabled tourist login.
- Fixed an issue with registration/renewal timeouts.
- Preload sound/noise again.
6th Decemter 2011 release
- Fixed Prof-UIS interfering with embedded IE 9 on Windows Vista and later.
- Fixed issues with matfx.
- All 3D UI like chat, web, etc. will go to 5.3, except menu, toolbar and gestures.
7th Oct 2011 beta
- Scrollbar issue on keyboard controls dialog.
- Lock Pitch on movers also locked cam pitch.
- Teleport Home on initial startup.
- Decreased system memory consummation (pictures, matfx, etc.).
- Added support for manufacturer independed ANISO filtering in OpenGL mode.
- Added bump mapping for softraster render mode.
- Addressed an issue where parts of CAV texture layers appeared semi transparent unintended, on low end hardware.
- Reduced z-buffer side effects by increasing near clip plane distance.
- Fixed misc glitches.
19th Sept 2011 beta
- Added description text to comment in item history.
- Numpad Keys 0-9 not working right when Numlock on.
- Added F1 - F10 to reserved keys as long they are fixed bound.
- Filtered extended OEM_PLUS and OEM_MINUS keys for chat.
- Some more info goes into the user experience log (aworld.log).
16th Sept 2011 beta
- Starting Beta phase.
General Fixes (for an excerpt of currently available new features see top of page):
- Fixed nVidia PhysX crash in SW mode.
- Fixed issues when hundrets of media streams played at the same time.
- Fixed autolook feature for avatars.
Build 1250 - 1252
23 May 2011 internal
- Features see on top of page.
The 5.2 Beta cycle is scheduled to start in September 2011.
Version 5.2 has been released on December 6. 2011.
Update Info / FAQ
- To run old bots (SDK build 65 and later only!) in 5.2, get the AW SDK build 100, and replace aw.dll in the bot's folder.
- Bots running on an earlier SDK than build 65 need to be recompiled.
- The world server must be upgraded to version 5.2. The server is available at the Activeworlds download page for Windows and for Linux.
- 5.2 got new sets of CAV. Presets from previous versions will not work anymore.
Browser Feature Infos:
- Use Ctrl+F1 through Ctrl+F3 to toggle bars on/off, i.e. useful for screenshots.
- Hold the Right Alt key plus the Right Mouse button down to move/drag the bars.
- Hold the Right Alt key plus the Right Mouse button down and double Right Click into a bar to center it horizontal.
- Hold the Right Alt and Right Ctrl keys, plus the Right Mouse button down, double Right Click into a bar to center it vertically.
- Turn the mouse wheel to zoom in/out.
- Hold the Left Alt key down while turning the mouse wheel to zoom the camera.
- Find 3D quality options with Graphic Settings (NVIDIA only).
- Find auto-afk options with Privacy Settings.
- Find different toolbar sizes in Advanced Settings.
- Find laptop/gamer keyboard layout settings in Configure Controls.